Fine Dining Dishes by Fui
Sometimes, I have assume those ingredients are alive when they are dead; sometimes, assume those ingredients are dead when they are actually "alive". Weird?
Two years ago, I had such cogitation appear in mind from time to time. I have work in a small bakery shop, breaking hundreds of eggs daily. I stare at the egg, I think: Hmm, isn't it is alive?Which can give born to a new chick and I just kill a life that easily. I'm cruel?
Peoples always said, don't waste the foods because there are million or billion peoples out there are starving.
Hence, I ask myself, why? Why don't have people says, don't waste the foods, they are once alive, and they sacrificed just to fill up your stomach.
Is that really some thinking, such as "Of course, they are born to be food", "Of course, they are weaker than human" - Law of the Jungle? Suddenly, I do feel how cruel human being is.
But of course, I'll not turn to be a vegetarians(I do believe, plants have life) because of this. I'll be appreciate every food I have. I love foods, they are awesome, they keep humans alive in this world.
RAWR! "Scare-llop"
If the scallops are alive, will they be "scare" or anger just like RAWR!? I think of this when I'm going to chop them :p
Diced Scallop with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Chives
Mix well, action!
Soy Mirin Dressing
Simple dressing but pair well with the raw seafood or recommend for sashimi.
Appetizer
"Scare-llop" Don't Scare!!
Scallop Tartare with Lumpfish Caviar and Soy Mirin Dressing
Lumpfish caviar is versatile caviar, it is inexpensive compare to others such as Beluga. This type of caviar also easier to be found at hypermarket.
Garnish with some Maitake mushrooms and Sage.
Cost: Roughly 20RM (8.5RM/100g scallop)
Recipe:
Soy Mirin Dressing
25ml Soy Sauce
100ml Mirin
1 Thin Slice of Ginger
Juice of 1/4 Lemon
Scallop Tartare
200 Raw Scallop
1Tablespoon Chopped Chives
1Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Maitake Mushrooms
6 Sage Leaves
2 Dill Tips
100ml Soy Mirin Dressing
2Teaspoon Caviar
Method:
Combine soy sauce, mirin and sliced ginger in a small saucepan and bring to boil. Then add the lemon juice. Allow to cold down to room temperature and keep in air-tight container in the chiller.
For the scallop tartare, dices the scallop into 0.5-1.0cm cubes. Mix with the olive oil and chopped chives in a mixing bowl. Cook the maitake mushrooms and wash with cold water.
To server, spoon the scallop mixture into a ring mold in a bowl. Pour in the dressing carefully at the side of tartare then topped with the spoonful caviar and dill tips. Garnish with maitake mushrooms and sage leaves. Ready to serve.
Upcoming...
Stay Tune!
Thanks!








scare-llop! heheh, nice name. i actually thought this might be a halloween recipe! :D looks yummy too. very delicate/fragile...
ReplyDeleteIt looks so nice. And the name is super creative :) I'd love to try that. Where can get fresh scallop?
ReplyDeleteSean: I never celebrate any Halloween before. For a halloween recipe, maybe it can be seared and pair with roasted red capsicum puree :D
ReplyDeleteBaby Sumo: Yea, I did like the name too, it is suddenly pop up in my mind. Unfortunately that are frozen scallop. I think only those big wet market can get the fresh fishes and scallops, badly I can't drive to there :(