I'll skip the salad course because I'm still not yet think of any good idea for it :(
Fine Dining Dishes by Fui
Among the Chicken, Pigeon, Duck, Fish or any Seafood, Beef or Lamb... ...Cod Fish always the "God" in the top list, all the time.
I like the cod since first time I ate it when I was still a child. The first question I ask my mother,"What fish is this?Why there is no bone?"
Yea, I do always complain to my mother why all those fishes so many small bones inside, and I love the cod since I know about it.
Sauteed Mixed Mushrooms
I remember the Best Cod Fillet I ever had at Lafite, Shangri-La Hotel. The cod fillet was cook to nicely well done and it is not only flaky but juicy! The best cod in the town!
Pickled Capsicum
I had a hard time to search for cod fillet, every hypermarket and the wet market at the morning, still it was a surprise that I had finally found it at the Isetan Food Market, KLCC. Note, the cod fillet is different from the cod block, which is look much better in presentation.
Cod Fillet Glazed with Honey
Honey Glazed Scallop with Wild Mushrooms
Honestly, I'm not so satisfy with the presentation and the taste is OK, 6 out of 10. But I have no time to adjust because I don't like cold cod as my dinner :D
Main Course
Oh My "God"
Honey Glazed Baked Cod Fish with Scallops, Wild Mushrooms, Pickled Capsicum and Lemon Vinaigrette
Cost: Roughly 60RM
Recipe:
Pickled CapsicumSQ Red Capsicum, Finely Slice
SQ Yellow Capsicum, Finely Slice
SQ Green Capsicum, Finely Slice
250ml Water
2Teaspoons Sea Salt
50ml Mirin
25ml Soy Sauce
1Teaspoon Sugar
2Teaspoons White Wine Vinegar
Honey Glaze
3Teaspoons Honey
1Teaspoons Lemon Juice
Lemon Vinaigrette
2Teaspoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2Teaspoons White Truffle Oil
1/2Teaspoons Lemon Juice
Baked Cod Fillet
200g Cod Fillet
SQ Salt
SQ Black Pepper
Honey Glaze
Sauteed Wild Mushrooms and Scallop
30g Mixed Wild Mushrooms, Dehydrated
3pieces Large Scallop
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Honey Glaze
Asparagus
Trout Caviar
Method:
For the pickled capsicum, mix all ingredients until fully dissolved, except the sliced capsicum. Then, add in the sliced capsicum, cover in air tight container and put in the chiller to marinated for 6hours.
Mix well the honey with the lemon in a small bowl, reserved.
In a small bowl, mix the olive oil and the truffle oil. Then add in the lemon juice and mix well, reserved.
Season the cod fillet with salt and pepper.Preheat oven to 200°C/392°F. Heat the pan and slightly pan sear the cod fillet. Transfer to oven-proof plate(wrapped with aluminum foil and little bit of olive oil),skin side down and brush with honey glaze. Bake for 20-25minutes, depend on the size of the cod fillet.
Wash and blanch the asparagus with salted water for 1minute, transfer to ice bath and reserved.
While baking the cod, 10minutes before it done, heat the pan with olive oil, sauteed the wild mushrooms. Then with the pan, sear the scallop with the honey glaze.
To serve, place the pickled capsicum and top with asparagus and the cod fillet. Divide and spoon a small portion of mushrooms on the plate and top with the seared scallop. Drizzle with lemon vinaigrette and some trout caviar.
Upcoming...
Stay Tune!
Thanks!









No comments:
Post a Comment